Go Live Radio Show

Go Live Radio Show
Hip Hop and Beyond

Friday, December 27, 2013

The Lox Speak Out About New York Hip Hop-Bout Damn Time Somebody Did!!!


 
 
You guys ever see the blockbuster movie "Independence Day" Starring Will Smith?? Do you remember the drunk guy who claimed he was abducted by aliens but no one seemed to believe his wild stories? This story about New York Hip hop becoming non-existent makes me quote what that drunk guy said to his son when the Aliens attacked the cities,.." i told you, aint I been saying it for all this time!"lol...
Well enough with that. I just read on AllHipHop.com that the Lox claimed that Hot 97's program director Ebro is one of the reasons why New York Hip Hop is falling. I agree 100%. This goes to Trinidad James saying that the south run New York City. There is some truth to that assumption.
I remember going to New York city in the 90's and hearing Junior Mafia's "Player' Anthem" for the very first time on the subway. The fact of being in New York City for the first time was one thing, but the joy of hearing some of the dopest hip hop earlier than I would have heard it in Richmond, Va was the most exciting part. That is what New York Hip hop was to me. Home of the Exclusives..
But these days, New Yorkers are taking the dummy approach into making music. Shout out to artists such as The Lox, Troy Ave, Maffew Ragazino Sr, Joey Bad A$$, just to name a few who are continuing to make classic hip hop records. You know, sometimes I find myself on youtube watching those Smack Rap Battles just to hear something fresh and new(and I hate those battles, too many "i'll shoot you in the face" references.)
Special shout out to The Lox who have the balls to go on Hot 97 and tell them people,"you are the reason why New York Hip hop is dying..so now what!".lol.. #GoLive
Click on link for AllHipHop Story:
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment